Built-in grills and barbecues provide a permanent place for
entertainment. They add considerable value to a home and are one of
the most desired features to home buyers.
Built-in grills come in an unlimited array of styles with various features
and creature comforts. A simple post-mounted grill will offer the least
expensive option and take up the least amount of space. Enclosing a
grill in a cabinet can add storage, serving space and much more.
Some things to keep in mind while seeking grills to build in -
- All grills require a considerable amount of space to things that burn
or melt, like wood and siding. Plan your placement carefully.
- Most grills that are designed to be portable, have no way to be safely
enclosed in an island due to the lack of air flow.
- Most grills cannot be built into a wood frame, and must be
surrounded by at least 30" of non-combustible material.
- Trapped heat inside these enclosures leads to a much higher risk of
grease fire. Don't guess when it comes to design.
- Grills should never be located under cover, without heat protection
and a hood to remove smoke and fumes.